- Faculty : Faculty of Law, Canon Law and Administration
- Language: English
Canon Law Studies
Third degree studies – doctoral studies (PhD studies)
The canon law studies at the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin have a ninety year history. They have been provided continuously from the time of the establishment of the University in 1918.
Doctoral studies in canon law prepare highly specialised experts to serve in courts of law and church administration. Graduates will gain the ability to work originally, creatively and promote innovative solutions within the scope of canon law. They will possess a widened ability of leading expert activities. Graduates in doctoral studies of canon law will participate in scientific experience, conscientiously fulfilling their responsibilities of administration.
Course Completion Requirements
- In order to complete doctoral studies it is essential to complete the programme of studies, undertake research and submit the doctoral thesis.
- It is obligatory for the doctoral student to participate in doctoral seminars.
- Doctoral seminar, discussion session and educational activities undertaken independently should be entered in the student index in accordance with the given approved programme title of the doctoral, masters or bachelors course.
- The tutorials are to be chosen by agreement with the head of the seminar.
- The head of the doctoral seminar annotates his/her seminar in the index, the educational activities undertaken by the student independently and participation in seminars.
- Lectures and tutorials in foreign languages - are within the offer of the Faculty and University. In response to student proposals, the completed tutorials are assessed within the law schools provided by the Faculty.
- Lectures and tutorials, for foreign students are defined as activities in a language other than native; it is recommended to undertake classes in the Polish language.
- Participation in classes should be by agreement with the academic tutor and lecture in accordance with the full time or part time study time stable
- The inauguration ceremony combined with matriculation and appropriate lecture for first year students is conducted during the first convention of the academic year on Saturday.
- In the instance of termination of employment or longer periods of the absence of the academic tutor and in response to the proposal by director of doctoral studies, the consultative dean appoints a new tutor: in the instance when the doctoral studies have commenced he raises the need to change the promoter.
Collegium Jana Pawła II
Al. Racławickie 14, 20-950 Lublin, Poland
Phone: +48 81/ 445-37-35
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday - 10.00 - 13.00
Wednesday - closed
on Saturday 9.00 - 13.00 – doctoral studies – the first Saturday of the month