- Faculty : Faculty of Philosophy
Undergraduate program – leading to a bachelor’s or engineer’s degree, open to secondary school graduates who have passed high-school leaving exam
Master’s program – leading to a master’s degree, open to those holding a bachelor’s degree
Doctoral program – leading to a doctoral degree, open to those holding a master’s degree or equivalent
Students holding a bachelor’s or master’s degree may enroll in extension /continuing education programs
- Language: Polish
Cognitive science is the interdisciplinary study of mind and intelligence, embracing philosophy, psychology, artificial intelligence, neuroscience, linguistics, and anthropology.
Cognitive science studies open way to get to know the mind, brain and awareness and create a unique opportunity to acquire skills to create modern models of knowledge, databases, operating computer languages.
Full-time undergraduate programme
- Neuroscience – Mind – Cognitive processes
This field enables the student to gain knowledge of brain functioning, understanding perceptive processes, linguistic abilities, mechanisms of mindreading, mechanisms of decision making, construing concepts and memory.
- Knowledge engineering – Logic – Methodology
This field allows the student of Cognitive Science to gain skills to create and apply powerful IT tools, e.g. for designing relational databases.
Competencies acquired during study:
- cognitive training methods (creative thinking, methods of foreign language teaching methods in e-learning)
- database architecture and information analysis (collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data)
- information architecture in the advertising industry
- information analyst
- database creator
- cognitive competence coach
The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin
Faculty of Philosophy
Al. Racławickie 14, PL 20-950 Lublin
tel. 0048 507 638 886